Dental veneers have become a popular option for cosmetic corrections or addressing tooth damage. However there is often a lot of confusion about the benefits and applications of the various types of veneers available.
Fort Lauderdale dentist Dr. Charles Nottingham, nationally recognized for his cosmetic dentistry, offers both porcelain veneers and Lumineers at South Florida Cosmetic Dentistry and will recommend the best option after assessing a patient’s dental health and cosmetic goals. Each type of dental veneer has its own benefits and drawbacks and making the right choice is important for both a comfortable and lasting result. Dr. Nottingham has years of experience as a cosmetic dentist and has been featured nationally on ABC’s “Extreme Makeover“, providing patients with smile makeovers that have changed both their appearance and their overall confidence.
Benefits of porcelain veneers:
- Porcelain veneers can address dental health issues such as damaged teeth, discolored teeth, diastema and misshapen teeth
- Thin, translucent veneers are durable and stain resistant, functioning like the natural teeth and custom colored to blend beautifully with your natural smile.
- With proper care, porcelain veneers are a permanent option for making over your smile.
Benefits of Lumineers
- Lumineers are best suited for minor damage or imperfections
- Thin and transparent, Lumineers will be comfortable and blend with your natural teeth
- Require only minor tooth preparation for placement
Dr. Nottingham will discuss your options during a consultation and make a recommendation with your long term dental health in mind. The process for both porcelain veneers and Lumineers typically requires a couple of visits to South Florida Cosmetic Dentistry, during which Dr. Nottingham and his staff will ensure your comfort and confidence in your cosmetic dentistry.
Check out our Smile Gallery for before and after photos of some of Dr. Nottingham’s patients.