According to the Alzheimer’s Association,
- Up to 5.3 million Americans have Alzheimer’s
- Alzheimer’s and dementia triple healthcare costs for those over 65
- One person develops Alzheimer’s every 70 seconds
- $148 billion annually is spent on Alzheimer’s and dementias by Medicare, Medicaid, and businesses
- Alzheimer’s is the sixth leading cause of death
“In 2008, researchers discovered a connection between gum disease and mild memory loss. The public has become more aware of the oral health – whole health link in recent years, but medical and dental professionals have long been aware of the link. Little research has been completed to determine the specific relation between oral health and mental function.” (DentalBlogs.com)
For more information, click here.